Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Hi MOM and DAD Things are great today we had our first smiles and now he is always smiling! It is amazing to see the differences in just one day. He is still drinking his bottles but we have also tried other soft foods scrambled eggs were a hit but not baby pears. He went to a dept store today like a walmart just like in the pics mom, crazy we bought a stroller diapers and snack food for us! Went to a great restaurant tonight they had tanks of fresh fish and cooked them in minutes and then we ate them, we even tried turtle! It is amzing to see all of the babies and how they are changing they are adorable and are slowly coming out of their shells. I think we may give him a bath today. He likes to suck his thumb and pull his ears when he is tired. He loves to play with his toy trucks and has even thrown them across the room a few times. He is adorable but it has been crazy becomming a new parent in a foreign country and eating out and sight seeing every day, but it has also been amazing. Sometimes we still can't believe we are here and now parents of a beautiful baby boy!Tomorrow we are going show shopping and then to get his chinese passport. We signed all the paper work today and he is now officially ours. China is amazing and we feel like we are in a different world so many people, smells it is so different but interesting. We get stared at alot esp when in a group! Mom if you want to send out a mass email or blog you can just send this out.I think blogger .com is banned. Proabably will not be able to email in the next few days as the couple whose computeter we are using is going away for a few days. I may try the hotel computer but it is all in Chinese , bu will try. Love you! I am sending you pics I know you are waiting for them!
KLM

6 comments:

  1. I have tears in my eyes and a big lump in my throat! It's so wonderful hearing all about your special 1st days as a new family, and such a beautiful sight to see Caleb in his Mommy & Daddy's arms - absolutely perfect! It's been a long journey for all of you - I am sending my love and hugs across the many miles. Congratulations again!!! I can't wait to meet your beautiful son! xoxo
    Love,
    Cousin Alison

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was just soooo wonderful to read! It is great being able to follow your journey into parenthood! The pics of you all together as a family are beautiful! Caleb is a cutie pie and it was nice to see more recent photos of him and even nicer to see him finally in your arms Kari! Enjoy the rest of your visit and see you once your settled & adjusted back at home for a playdate.
    Hugs,
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  3. I get the shivers every time I read this. I think I have read it at least 10 times since it has been posted. It is so wonderful to see him your arms and it is so nice to hear about your first days as a family. So special!! The photos are beautiful but that's not hard given the adorable subject you have to work with! Congratulations from all of us. Enjoy the rest of your trip. We are sending our love and hugs to the three of you!! Can't wait to meet your little boy! Shannon, Craig & Olivia xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Kari
    I will rewrite this - hope I can remember what I said. The first comment must have went into space. The Select profie did not work for me.
    It appears I must use Anonymous.
    Congratulations to both of you and to Grammie and Grampa MacLeod. Calab is a handsome boy and what a gift for all three of you. He and Mum and Dad will be forever blessed! You are having one unforgetable adventure.
    What a way to keep in contact with family and friends and you will be so glad you did this in years to come.
    God's blessings on your new life adventure with your son, enjoy each new experience and be safe. JR once told me "you are made of good stock" and I will pass that on to you:)
    See you in Mira.
    PS: I love the fact you named him Calab - the Huntingtons (especially great gramma are smiling down)Love Larkie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you know what an emotional upheaval you 3 are causing. When we saw the picture of the 3 of you, the piece of the puzzle that we didn't know was missing fell into place. He's not just yours, he's ours, he's one of us, God help him. Hurry home safely, the rest of Calebs family is anxious to meet him. Love and prayers! Margie and Kenny

    ReplyDelete